Learn about the Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants feel and function like natural teeth. The result is increased comfort and confidence when smiling, speaking, and eating so your quality of life is greatly enhanced. If dentures and partials are replaced with dental implants, the overall enhancement in quality of life is significant. Enjoy the ability to eat all types of foods, elimination of messy adhesives, improved speech, comfort, and appearance.
- Preserves the integrity of facial structures to prevent premature wrinkling of the face.
- Better health due to proper nutrition and digestion of food. Certain foods become a challenge to chew and are often avoided causing malnutrition of certain vitamins and minerals.
- Adjacent teeth are not compromised to replace missing teeth with dental implants. Tooth replacement with traditional bridges requires grinding down teeth adjacent to the missing tooth and cementing a bridge. Subsequently, the decay of those teeth and fractures of teeth become a problem in the future of those adjacent teeth. Bridges need to be replaced often due to dental caries and periodontal problems arise because cleaning under the bridge becomes difficult.
- The convenience of hygiene. Taking care of dental implants is the same as natural teeth. Brushing and flossing are necessary to keep them healthy.
- Increased stability and a sense of security that teeth will not fall out when eating, laughing or sneezing.
- Improved ability to taste foods. Wearing an upper denture prevents someone from tasting food because the roof of the mouth is covered. With dental implants, the roof of the mouth is not covered so it is possible to enjoy the taste of foods.