A healthy mouth provides a beautiful smile and boosts self esteem. There are many easy ways to maintain positive oral health. Here are 10 tips to follow so that you can enjoy a fresh mouth everyday.
1. Brush and Floss Daily. There is no better way to prevent cavities than by brushing and flossing each day. They remove food and other debris that become trapped in your mouth so that decay is not an issue.
2. Eat a Balanced Diet. It is essential to avoid foods with extra sugar. Consuming a diet filled with fresh fruits and vegetables will increase your oral health and your overall health as well.
3. Stop Drinking Soda. Soda is filled with acids that eat away at your tooth enamel. This leaves teeth susceptible to cavities. It is much smarter to drink water, which helps flush away bacteria that builds in your mouth.
4. Stop Smoking. According to the American Dental Association, smoking is a bad habit that causes teeth to yellow and increases the risks of developing periodontal disease. It may lead to various mouth cancers as well.
5. Stop Chewing on Hard Objects. You may love hard candy and may chew on your pen when you are bored, but these practices can cause your teeth to chip and your fillings to crack.
6. Wear a Mouthguard. If you participate in contact sports or similar activities, it is wise to wear a mouthguard. This device protects your teeth, lips, and gums so that injuries do not occur.
7. Gargle with Apple Cider Vinegar. Vinegar helps eliminate stains and has the ability to kill bacteria that lurks in your mouth.
8. Change Your Toothbrush. It is always best to use a soft toothbrush and change it every two or three months. With time, bristles bend or become blunt, which can cause injuries within your mouth.
9. Clean Your Tongue. Although most people clean their teeth, few individuals clean their tongues. This practice removes plaque and helps keep you breath fresh.
10. Visit Your Dentist. Scheduling regular checkups with your dentist is one of the most effective oral tips to a healthy mouth. This professional will examine your teeth and detect small problems before they become major headaches. Also, your dentist will address all of your questions and concerns so that you enjoy a healthy mouth everyday.